September 4, 2011

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

As promised, here is the recipe for the chicken fettuccine alfredo that Emily and I prepared.

Unfortunately, I am lacking a picture of the final product, as a boy being stupid caused me to forget. (Aren't boys always the problem? Let's just blame everything wrong in the world on boys, okay? Okay.)



Then, on top of that, my camera randomly deleted the chicken pictures!!! What in the world are we going to do with the stupid boys?


First, they make me forget, then they make my technology fail...

Fortunately, I am making faux chicken pot pies tonight, so I just took pictures of the chicken I grilled up today...

Remember the alfredo sauce we made here? Remember how creamy and delicious it was?

We get to eat some more of it!

As that recipe makes a ton, this is great to do with the remaining alfredo sauce when you finish off the meat. 

Start by preparing your chicken.


I am always hyper paranoid about cooking chicken. I fear under cooking it. So, I smash it with a hammer! to make it thinner. I like it about half an inch thick.




Then cut it into little slivers. I put my slivers in a giant red bowl. I put questionable looking slivers in the trash can.




Now, add your spices.

I used the exact same spices I did for the Italian beef: oregano (ground, not leaf), basil (leaf), parsley, salt, and pepper. Throw them on top of your bowl full of chicken. I did use twice the amount of spices though, as I had twice as much meat.



Mix it all up to get the chicken pieces evenly coated.


If you aren't as paranoid as I am, it would have been perfectly fine to rub the seasoning into the chicken breasts, grill them, then cut them. I just feel better about smaller pieces.

If you are as paranoid as me, your next step is to throw them on your grill pan.

Drizzle EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)


Grill 'em.


They should look like this when you're done:


Next, put your water on to boil and put a box of pasta in there. Please don't put the box in. Just the noodle contents of the box, obviously. (FYI, I would turn the oven onto warm and stick your chicken in while you do the next few parts.)

While your chicken is staying warm and your noodles are cooking, make the alfredo sauce.

When both are done, drain your pasta. At this point you have three options:

1. Layer noodles, alfredo sauce, and chicken,
2. Mix alfredo sauce with noodles and chicken, or
3. Mix alfredo sauce and noodles then lay chicken across the top.

I think option two is probably the prettiest but option three is probably the tastiest.

Recipes:

Chicken:

6 chicken breasts
2t salt
2 t pepper
2 t parsley
3 t oregano
4 t basil

1. Pound each chicken breast to be 1/2 inch thick.
2. Slice chicken into strips.
3. Mix chicken with spices.
4. Grill until fully cooked.

Alfredo

1/4 C butter (half a stick)
1/4 C flour
1 package grated parmesan cheese (World Classics brand is a great one.)
4 C half & half
1/2 t pepper
1/2 t oregano
1/2 t basil
1 t of garlic salt

1. Melt butter on medium to medium-high heat. Whisk in flour.
2. Pour in half & half. Whisk together.
3. Whisk in parmesan slowly.
4. Add spices.
5. Boil until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Taste and adjust spices as needed.

Pasta

Choose pasta.
Cook entire box according to package instructions.
Drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment