September 23, 2011

Low Carb Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Cookies

Drew has been eating these double chocolate chunk Atkins cookies. He remains convinced that they are delicious. I firmly believe that these double chocolate chunk cookies taste like card board, and I'm pretty sure that I've never disliked a cookie before. Needless to say, I need to stop him from eating that gross card board crap.



About a week ago, I was browsing Pinterest, and I stumbled upon a recipe for flourless, sugarless peanut butter cookies. Obviously, I repinned it so I could come back to it later. My friend Alina mentioned she had tried the recipe before, and she felt like she could taste the Splenda, and they were a little crumbly. So, I decided to forgo the recipe I had pinned and attempt to create my own.

These turned out delicious. I definitely couldn't taste the Splenda, but they were a little crumbly.




Don't those look awesome? They taste more delicious than they look, I think.

Start with 10 T of butter and mix it up. Also, you should preheat your oven to 350 degrees.


Next mix 1 1/3 C Splenda or other sweetener.


Now 1 1/3 C creamy peanut butter


Add an 8 oz block of cream cheese. If you truly want to go low carb, you have to use the full fat version. Sorry. :( I was sad, too.



Finally, add 1/2 T cinnamon, 1 T vanilla, and 1/2 C oatmeal. (If you're using Quaker 1 Minute Quick Oats, 1/2 C is 23 carbs. 27 g carbs less 4 g fiber. Also, that 23 g is spread across 3 dozen cookies, so don't stress if you're going low carb.) Once it's fully combined, start spooning your dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.




Bake for 8 to 11 minutes.

And voila!




FYI, if you leave out the oatmeal and don't bake the cookies, this makes a delicious dip. You could serve it with graham crackers at a party with chocolate chips. It would be AWESOME!



Low Carb Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Cookies

10 T butter
1 1/3 C Splenda or other sweetener
1 1/3 C creamy peanut butter
1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
1/2 T cinnamon
1 T vanilla
1/2 C oatmeal

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cream butters and Splenda.
3. Add softened cream cheese.
4. Mix in cinnamon, vanilla, and oatmeal.
5. Spoon onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
6. Bake 8 - 11 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment